Monday, January 26, 2009

Gay Rights, Minorities, Pro Choice...

Who cares what I think about any of these?

I am a straight, white, man, and I'm not even young enough for anyone to care about that either. My opinion is less than irrelevant. True, either side would happily accept my vote, but the loser wouldn't care less.

To many, I AM the problem. They actually go out of their way to nullify my opinion.

If I had money to donate to the cause, I would have to be anonymous because they wouldn't want to be associated with my demographic.

I wonder if it would matter if straight, white, middle-aged men were a minority? We probably are in some categories already.

Does it matter that I have friends who are proponents? I wonder. I wonder what would go first, the cause or the friendship if it came to that?

I could say that it is a relief not to need an opinion. I can just sit back and not say anything, and almost no one asks. I get dirty looks and blow-offs, but not questions.

Chances are the only reason you are reading this in the first place is that one of these is your issue, not mine.

Good luck with that. Let me know how it goes. I'll be glad to listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment