Sunday, December 16, 2012

Here we go!

I started running again.  That sounds official, right?  You are allowed to be skeptical...

I bought some new shoes, so that helped the motivation.  I also bought a "compression" shirt which speaks more accurately to the real motivation.  Although, my after-run weight was 195.5-- which is about 10lbs less than I thought it would be, so I'll take it.

On Friday I went for a run on the treadmill, too.  I started at my 6mph pace and started sucking wind almost immediately.  I felt like I had accomplished something just getting past that first mile-- which I did with a combination of that 6mph joke, walking, and something in between.  Pretty sad.

So, today, I started at 5mph and went for two miles.  I started thinking 1 mile would be good and it came and went so well that I did a mental fist pump.  But, then I looked at the stats and, well, it's not much of an accomplishment to say I am the master of the 12-minute mile.  Know how many calories that burned? 175.  I just had to keep running.  So I did.  24 minutes, give or take, 2+ miles, 350 calories-- at least that burns off the Cheetos I ate during the football game.

On Friday I tried listening to Christmas music.  The only problem with that is my iPhone is a pain in the ass with music.  I have a nice collection on my computer, even on my iTunes account.  But, my phone just won't acknowledge the same list.  My phone won't even acknowledge songs I bought through iTunes with my phone.  Today, I went with the "non-holiday" music for those few songs and that was better.  The highlight?  Desire by U2.  Rattle and Hum!

No comments:

Post a Comment