Sunday, August 26, 2012


IKWYDLS 2012

The kitchen is not the only project of the summer.  I am also spending a ton of time out at the farm where I grew up.  Part of that is because Dad and Mom are both 70 and really can’t keep up with themselves.  In a very frustrating way, Dad (well, both of them really) seems very content to just let things go.  The short list is the lawn mowing and this series of pictures.  Father's Day weekend my sister and her family and I fixed some stuff.  We tried to rally the help of the other siblings, but after all of that, it was just us-- on Father’s Day weekend.  One of my other sisters texted me curious about how it went.  I sent her these pictures and these words:
We moved these (they have since been painted and look much better)












We hung this door back up (it was off the track and dangling crooked by one caster)

We fixed this door so it closes (it had been left open for months)












And we stood these tires against the wall (rather than lying in the grass and in the way)













And, of course, we mowed everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment