Tuesday, July 12, 2011

I Know What You Did Last Summer 7/12/11

Acquired the ladder today.  I decided I wanted it for reference before finishing the storage rack for it.  Then, I finished the storage rack.  After that it was time to clean the garage floor-- it has been through a mess of stuff lately.  In the process I rediscovered how much I love my ShopVac.   Guess how wide the wide floor tool attachment is.  14.5 inches.  Doesn't ring any bells?  If you build walls with the studs 16 inches on center (which is how almost everything is built) the width between those studs is 14.5 inches.  So, the tool is perfect for cleaning unfinished areas like that.  I like that kind of fore-thought.  Also, it has huge capacity, is durable enough to handle all sorts of materials and the suction to pick it up.  The tube is 2" diameter so it does not plug up easily and that is the size of the exhaust on my saw, so it serves that purpose to keep that mess off the floor in the first place (credit the saw manufacturer for that function.)

After all that, I picked a good pile of beans and peas from the garden as well as the first raspberries of this season.  Good stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment