Sunday, July 17, 2011

I Know What You Did Last Summer 7/17/11

Instead of doing my projects at my house, after work and Saturday I have been helping that other guy with his painting project.  I still managed to pick raspberries, beans, and peas and mow the lawn.  I am thinking I should have planted more beans.  Last year, we had way too many and they just got wasted.  This year, I only have enough for one meal at a time, every other day.  That would be fine if I didn't want to freeze any, which I do.  The raspberries, on the other hand are bountiful.  Really, this is what I expected our raspberries to be like.  But, up until this year they only produced about a quart or half-a-quart every couple days.  This year, it's more like a gallon a day or two days.  So, I've frozen as many as I will likely use myself.  I'm contemplating what I should do with them after today.  I don't feel like picking them anymore.  That may change tomorrow.

As for the painting, I probably could have done some today, but my wife asked if it was good to paint in 95 degree weather close to 100% humidity (which is unusual-- 85 degrees is more common, with varying humidity but rarely this high).  The paint container only says to limit application to temps between 50 and 90 degrees.  Since she is afraid of ruining/wasting the paint, I won't paint today either.  Also, this is the kind of weather that can cook up nasty thunderstorms, so even taping off windows today or other prep-type work is not high on my list since that could be so easily ruined overnight.  Bottom line:  it feels like a wasted day, but as long as I don't run out of summer days to do stuff, I'll probably be just fine if I treat today like a rainy day.  Close enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment