Sunday, July 3, 2011

I Know What You Did Last Summer 7/3/11

Sunday - started the day with church and that project there.  With the holiday and the fact that the usual pastor is on vacation (because of the holiday) the whole experience was a bit off.  It's a journey, not a destination.
I had big plans with this weekend to make progress on the stucco.  I need several consecutive hours to get it on the wall.  But, with the fireworks last night and the guests for lunch (I grilled) and plans for tonight (bonfire) I had pushed the whole thing on to the shoulders of good weather tomorrow.  And really, that's why we need vacations and holidays-- to reconnect and... stuff like that.  I have too much farmer-mentality carry-over... maybe.  Something like that.  I am just squirming a little with the idea of missing those fleeting windows of opportunity.  They shut too fast in these parts.  It's July already and I haven't painted anything, yet.  If I was comfortable taking all summer to do it, that would be different, but I have other plans to get to.  And some of those plans involve making money rather than spending it.
Ironically, I'm thinking all of this on Sunday.  So, I'll just chill out, now.

No comments:

Post a Comment