Friday, July 1, 2011

I Know What You Did Last Summer 7/1/11

Ok, so I haven't been posting everyday, but I didn't realize it had been a week!  Let me see if I can even remember anything.  Umm... Sunday 6/26/11 was a rainy day.  I did get to church, though, and got started on a project there.  One week at a time...  Not unlike a house project, or even a regular job for that matter.

I don't know what I did Monday 6/2711.  I do know that the stucco was not as cured as I would have preferred because I didn't do anything with it.

Tuesday 6/28/11 I removed my forms and prime/painted that east side.  So, that side is done until I finally paint the whole house.  Then I did more of that caulking.  I had to quit after that because I had a church project due after work that I needed to prepare.

Wednesday 6/29/11 I remembered the church project after work, but I had forgotten the "Safety Committee" meeting I had to attend after work, first.  So, it was later than usual before I got to the house.  First, I mowed the lawn.  Then, I did some more caulking.  In fact, I decided I was done with the caulking.  It was time to move on and just let it be. 

Thursday 6/30/11 Part of the reason I had to be done with the caulking was that I still needed to stripe it and it has to cure, first-- and it takes much longer that stucco.  Thursday, I striped it.  First, I used the level and a sharpie pen to mark where the lines went.  Then, I used a Dremel to cut the lines into it.  It worked well enough.  I also prime/painted it  But, actually, it doesn't look very good.  It's the same problem I had when I tried to use the stucco as a patch rather than a replacement.  The transition is just too obvious.  But, it looks better than it did before I started.

7/1/11 - Since I was expecting rain today, I should be happy with anything.  All I was able to do was cut off the old stuff.  When I did, I found some weird stuff.  I won't go into the gross details.  Besides the gross stuff, the other thing I found was the wires to the doorbell.  Luckily, I did not cut them.  I cannot understand why anyone would have routed them through the wall 10 feet away from the door, then under the siding over to the door, then up to the final location.  My theory is the door was actually centered on the house at one time.  My wife disagrees.  Whatever the reason, I spent the rest of the night fixing that.  That's not all bad, though.  The wiring of that doorbell has bothered me since we moved in.  We bought a new bell early on, and I had new wiring in that process, but I never got the wiring to the bell because of the weirdness.  So, now I have new wires and it is routed much more logically.

No comments:

Post a Comment