Sunday, June 26, 2011

I Know What You Did Last Summer 6/25/11

I had to work this morning.  On these weekends, what we are doing is painting the floor.  As you can imagine, we're doing one section at a time.  Technically, it's not paint, either, it's an epoxy that cures rather than dries and then is really hard.  It's not hard enough, though.  Some of it is already scratched up.  Today was a four-hour morning.  We haven't done that in a while for a variety of reasons.  Now that I think about it, it probably had a lot to do with only 2 of our usual 3 being there.  Then, I finally got back to the east side of the house.  After setting up, I was only about 1/2 an hour into actually applying the stucco when my dad showed up.  He needed some help at the farm.  He realized that I was now on a ticking clock, so he left me to it.  I did manage to get that whole section done, several hours later.  So, I called him back and was able to burn the last couple hours of daylight on his behalf.  There is so much mud out there.  It's just sad.  We have less than a week left of June and everywhere I went was touch and go-- and that's on the high ground.  On a not unrelated note, I was surprised by how much corn I saw around the countryside.  I hope that works out for them this year, but I wouldn't bet on it.



No comments:

Post a Comment