Wednesday, June 8, 2011

I Know What You Did Last Summer 06/08/11

Technically, I didn't do anything. I had a hair appointment after work. Since yesterday I got that part of the house to the best it is going to be before painting, I asked my wife for her opinion. It's not good enough. The transition from the old to the new is too obvious, mostly because it is obviously not entirely flat like siding is... when it's manufactured... by machines. So, the next step is to redo the south side, but this time I will try cutting away the old as close to the overlapping section of siding above as I can. Then, the transition will me masked by the seam that is and will always be there. To avoid damaging that section too, I will have to affix a straight line of lumber to the repair section. That should bear all the weight of the saw and give me a straight enough line to dare getting as close as possible. It also means I will need much more mesh and much more mix material, and more time, of course. That's the plan, anyway. The contingency plan is to get a quote for altogether new siding.

No comments:

Post a Comment