Sunday, June 12, 2011

I Know What You Did Last Summer 6/10/11

Friday night was rainy, so I took guilty pleasure in doing a whole lot of nothin'. I watched a movie. If you're curious, it was "I Am Number Four" which I'll call just call a sci-fi film. I told my wife it was a Sci-fi/Action film, but it doesn't have that much action, and it does have an extensive love story. It may not be fair to call it extensive, because many movies have more extensive stories, it's just that if you are expecting a lot more action, the love story seems extensive. It wasn't a bad film. It was a intriguing. The action that was there was satisfying, and the science fiction was not so fictionalized as to be implausible. Other than that, well, it was pretty derivative. And by that I mean it follows familiar story lines. You could almost say it was predictable, but not a bad as some films. It does leave the opportunity for sequels wide open, and since movie companies just love sequels of successful brands, they could very easily make some really bad sequels out of this. Aren't you glad I wrote this review for you? 'Cause otherwise this entry would have lasted two short sentences.

No comments:

Post a Comment