Sunday, June 5, 2011

I Know What You Did Last Summer 6/5/11



6/5/11 – The roller didn’t work because the stucco stuck to it and gummed it up. On the other hand, I am getting much faster and better with the level and the nail. Also, it gives me something to do while I’m waiting for the stucco to cure. I tweaked my techniques a little, too. It is VERY important to push hard when applying the stucco. I may not have clarified that. Use lots of pressure, otherwise it falls off too easily. I am not smart enough to use a drop-cloth or anything to catch it if it does. On the same note, the reinforcement gridding needs to be tight/snug to the wall. If it flexes, so will the stucco when you apply it-- and then it falls off. Or at the very least, it will bulge and mess up the flatness desired. I waited longer before etching in my lines, which helped prevent them from being too deep, but got a bit too difficult towards the end. But, with it more cured, I was able to use an old paint brush to knock off the excess grit which looks much better. I also used a wire brush on last night's stuff to lessen the line between the old and new surfaces. It did not work on anything older than that, so timing is important.

No comments:

Post a Comment