Sunday, June 5, 2011

I Know What You Did Last Summer 6/2/11

6/2/11 – Mostly stucco project today. The crappy asbestos siding we currently have is brittle and chunks have fallen away around the bottom edge—which looks terrible. So, I’m attempting to repair that with a stucco application before I paint. I have a fair amount of planning to figure out to make it work. Today, I made a section of 2x4 that I plan to use create the bottom edge. I had to rip it in half, then cut out a notch 1/2” x 1” that the stucco reinforcement sits on and also creates a drip edge, if it works. I did all that with a skill saw. I almost can’t believe it worked. I screwed it on, then cut and placed the reinforcement. After I get done applying it and it sets, I have to be able to unscrew it and reuse it. That’s the plan.

I also sprayed my Bayer Season Long Weed control. The bottle was supposed to spray 5000 sq ft. It’s a bottle that attaches directly to a hose. After spraying only a small part of the back yard, I shut off the hose to move and the bottle was already empty. That could be a disaster. At the very least it is a waste of money.

No comments:

Post a Comment