Sunday, June 12, 2011

I Know What You Did Last Summer 6/9/11

I started in with the do-over project. Really, the south side of the house was the first and worst of the project, so I likely would have done that over anyway. All I had time to do today was prep the thing. So, first I measured up my skill saw to know where to mount the guide so that after I cut it, I would have half an inch of old siding left (below the section above it.) Originally, I thought I should cut lower, so that the edge of the saw never has to touch the upper section, but I decided I wanted to cut more away than that. Then, I screwed 2x4's at the line, set my blade depth, and cut off the siding. After removing the old, I mounted the forms as before, then cut and set the mesh for the whole 13.5"x192" project.

No comments:

Post a Comment