Friday, May 7, 2010

The Daily Blog 2010-05-07

I've got this thing on my mind. It seemed the best thing to do was to express it. And since no one really reads this blog anyway, I'm just gonna use this thing. I am exercising this summer. Actually, there's a diet/exercise thing going on. So, this is me working through that...

Blog, blog, blog...
Distance: 3.105 miles
Time: 31:04 minutes
Weight: 187.5 lbs
MP3 Highlights: None. I watched the news on TV.

Well, that was interesting. Today was the day I intended to run at least 7 miles. I couldn't do it. I was exhausted the whole time and never got a second wind. After mile 2 I just kept watching the odometer, which is never a good sign. It took forever. Plus my left lower leg aches.

But, this is part of the reason I started blogging this stuff. I wanted to take notes. Notes like the surprises, high points, barriers, etc.

So, this is my plan: I remember casually reading another runner friend's advice she received before a marathon on how to taper the training. It was pretty detailed. But, I'm not running that far, or that fast. What I do remember is the advice to stay ENTIRELY off her feet the day before the race, if at all possible. I'm blaming today on the daily wear and tear fatigue, which is new to me. I planned to take the weekends off anyway. So, by my new rationale, the best day to run a greater distance is the day after tomorrow, not tomorrow. Since that will be Sunday, I'll try it on Sunday.

It could be other reasons. I basically ran right after supper, which is also my excuse for weighing in a pound heavier than yesterday. I'm really curious to see what happens on Sunday.

Maybe it was the news... (far more depressing than my music).

No comments:

Post a Comment