Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The Daily Blog 2010-05-19

I've got this thing on my mind. It seemed the best thing to do was to express it. And since no one really reads this blog anyway, I'm just gonna use this thing. I am exercising this summer. Actually, there's a diet/exercise thing going on. So, this is me working through that...

Blog, blog, blog...
Distance: No idea. The plan was to pedal up hills for an hour.
Time: an hour
Weight: 189.5 lbs.
MP3 Highlights: None. Didn't take it with me

Yesterday I climbed the 4th Ave hill, rolled back down and out through City Park, turn around and climb the hill again, over and over. It's something like 8 blocks one way... but, that's not the point. I ended up climbing the hill 3 times, but I got distracted a few times (recognized people and talked to them) which means I was standing still for some of that time.

Also, out of curiosity, I weighed a bottle of water that I would likely drink between the workout and bedtime. It weighed 2 lbs. So, I'm never going to get excited about any difference less than 5 lbs, because that could be anything, really.

Today, I climbed 4th Ave, then after turning around and going down, I pedaled over to and up the hill by the Tech Center/Wintershow. At the top of that hill, I road around the little block, rolled down the hill that intersects that hill again about half-way up and around again. So, it's like running intervals (jog, sprint, jog, sprint...) It worked out pretty well. The climbing felt productive, and the other two sides went just fast enough (about 30 seconds) to keep it that way.

Surprisingly, the climbing went a lot like running -- after a while, I got a second-wind and it seemed to get easier. Also, it got boring and monotonous. I might take the MP3 again, since the area is generally safer for not being able to hear as well (traffic is minimal and moves less than 25mph).

Tomorrow (like today) I'll try to ride in the heat of the day since the forecast for the actual marathon is for the hottest day of the year (so far-- near 90) and windy. Not sure how the wind will be a factor. For one thing, it depends on how strong it blows, of course, but even then the course is still around Fargo, which has many trees and buildings to break it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment