Friday, May 14, 2010

The Daily Blog 2010-05-14

I've got this thing on my mind. It seemed the best thing to do was to express it. And since no one really reads this blog anyway, I'm just gonna use this thing. I am exercising this summer. Actually, there's a diet/exercise thing going on. So, this is me working through that...

Blog, blog, blog...
Distance: On bicycle: 10 miles. Running: 1/2mile
Time: I dunno... 30 minutes?
Weight: Don't know that either
MP3 Highlights: None. Didn't take it with me. It was the first sunshine in 2 weeks-- that was enough!

Yeah, it's like, Friday. My knee still hurts-- I'm actually worried. It's weird, though. I'm not so sure it's ligament damage. Actually, it only hurts doing a very specific motion, which just happens to be lifting with a bended knee. So, normal walking hurts and running hurts. Lifting it to climb stairs hurts, but leg curls don't hurt. Sitting doesn't hurt and I have no trouble sleeping. Standing and kneeling are even do-able. Most important, I found out today that biking is not an issue, except big hills.

So, the plan is to condition as much as possible on the bike for the next week. If I feel the same way on marathon day (one week from tomorrow) I plan to take some painkillers and suck it up. I will probably be hurting for a few weeks for doing it, though. But, I can live with that.

I'm thinking distance is irrelevant on the bike. What is important is to get winded and stay winded for about 90 minutes. It's not the same motion, but at least it uses my legs and cardio. I should be able to run my distance in 90 minutes, so that is the logic there.

I stopped paying attention to weighing myself when it became clear that I was not really doing anything in the rain (which I thought would be done yesterday.) The treadmill was too painful. I don't have a stationery bike. I do have a weight machine, though. I did some of that. I could have/should have done more. At least it is something.

For the most part, though, I tried to keep the caloric intake reasonable. But, nothing to brag about. I'll have to see if I remember to weigh myself tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment