Monday, May 10, 2010

The Daily Blog 2010-05-09

I've got this thing on my mind. It seemed the best thing to do was to express it. And since no one really reads this blog anyway, I'm just gonna use this thing. I am exercising this summer. Actually, there's a diet/exercise thing going on. So, this is me working through that...

Blog, blog, blog...
Distance: 6.21 miles
Time: way too long 72-ish minutes
Weight: 191 lbs
MP3 Highlights: None. The Amazing Race finale

First, you might want to know that I am writing this the morning after the night it actually happened. Or, you might not...

So, I tried the running thing. My knee really hurts. It feels like a ligament issue. I can barely walk. But, I'm a whiner.

Obviously, I started hurting while running. I decided to ignore the knee. Then, my side started hurting. I know enough to know that a side-ache will go away eventually. But, then I don't really know much. I tried slowing down. Still hurt. I tried putting my hands on my hips, or up on my shoulders. Still hurt. Eventually, I decided to try flexing my abs-- basically to hold the area still internally. That worked. Plus, you know, abs... To my surprise, later, my kidneys (or something in that area) started hurting.

Bottom line, with all these pains, I decided to go the distance anyway. But, to do it, I was down to 4mph-- which is really just walking. So, it took ridiculous long. And, it's not like I went 7 or 8.5 miles, either. And this morning my knee hurts worse.

So, I am planning to not run for a couple days and see what happens. I am thinking about stuff like what will happen if I take some "Tylenol" or something, or if I walk and garden or something like that to use my knee outside running... what will happen?

I'll let you know.

The weight fluctuation is interesting, too. It was Mothers' Day weekend, so I ate well, but I was surprised. I am not going to get mired into those results. I am not that concerned. This is the kind of thing that happens when you watch it too closely.

No comments:

Post a Comment