Monday, May 17, 2010

The Daily Blog 2010-05-17

I've got this thing on my mind. It seemed the best thing to do was to express it. And since no one really reads this blog anyway, I'm just gonna use this thing. I am exercising this summer. Actually, there's a diet/exercise thing going on. So, this is me working through that...

Blog, blog, blog...
Distance: No idea. The plan was to pedal up the hill on 4th Ave. and keep pedalling for an hour.
Time: an hour
Weight: 189.5 lbs.
MP3 Highlights: None. Didn't take it with me.

The hill on 4th Ave is pretty steep. Steep enough that the city hesitates to pave it (because it's slippery in the winter) and steep enough that my rear tire spins as I crank. But, I knew that it would make me gasp at the very beginning, which was the objective.

I'm still not convinced it's as beneficial. At least I can do it, rather than sitting around waiting for my knee to cooperate. I'm thinking the thing to do is just go longer. Pedalling a bike makes my thighs burn. So, part of the problem is that doing the things that make me breathe harder (hills and going faster) are more like weight training-- which means I get too fatigued to keep at it long enough for it to be valuable as cardio.

Speaking of weight... I weighed myself right away in the morning, out of curiosity. 192.5 -- So, 1/2 pound difference from last night after supper. Then 189.5 after the workout. Could that be all water? Seems like a lot of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment